This is an annual competition with cash prizes which has been running since 2010. Please see the Rules below. We display the winning photographs of the previous year in the Bluebell Barn over the Bluebell Walk dates. To see all the prize winners since 2010, have a look at the Gallery pages.
1. This competition is for images taken at the 2019 Bluebell Walk. There are two classes, firstly the Adult Class for photographers aged 16 years and over as at the start of the 2019 Arlington Bluebell Walk and within this class there are five categories:-
A. – CLOSE UP: a plant (wild flower, grass, fern, moss, lichen, fungi), tree bark, invertebrate (insects, spiders, or any creepy-crawly!) etc
B. – LANDSCAPE: View from one of the Walks
C. – PORTRAIT: Person or people
D. – FLORA & FAUNA: Tree(s), shrub(s), wild flower(s), fern(s), grass, moss or animal(s)
You may enter one or more categories and up to three images per category.
2. The second class is the Junior Class for photographers aged under 16 years as at the start of the 2019 Arlington Bluebell Walk. In this class there is no restriction on the subject of images entered and up to 3 images may be submitted per entrant.
3. New for this year, entries can be submitted online. Full details with a link to the upload form will be published in due course. You can still send printed hard copies if you prefer. These should be high quality colour or black & white prints, no larger than A4 size. All entries, either online or by post, must be received by 1st June 2019
4. For posted entries, each image should be identified by writing on the back or using a sticky label giving an image title and where on the walk it was taken, whether it is being entered in the Adult or Junior class and in the case of the former the category A, B, C, or D. The judges may change the entered class to one which may be more appropriate for the image submitted. The photographer’s name and contact details (address, email and phone number). Your contact details are only for our own records, so will never be disclosed to any third party. If you write this information on the back of the print please be careful to ensure that the front surface is not damaged.
5. There is no entry fee for the competition which is open to all having paid to visit the Arlington Bluebell Walk in 2019.
6. Prizes in the Adult class will be £20 for the first placed image and £10 for the second placed image in each category. The judges at their discretion may also award highly commended certificates with the prize being a voucher giving one person free entry to the 2020 Bluebell Walk.
7. Prizes for both the first and second placed images in the Junior class will be a 2020 Family Ticket and if the judges at their discretion also award any highly commended certificates a free entry for one adult & one child to the 2020 Bluebell Walk.
8. An entry, which might or might not be a winning image, may be chosen to be featured on the cover of our 2020 Publicity Leaflet and will also receive a £20 prize.
9. The judges are two members of the Hailsham Photographic Society, our online media manager and John McCutchan. Images will be judged on composition, visual appeal, technical ability, presentation and subject matter. If an image in the view of the judges is in the wrong category, it will be changed. Prize winners will receive notification by 1st August with their certificates awarded soon after. Winning images will also be published on our website.
10. For posted entries, the address to send your prints is: Bluebell Walk Photographic Competition, Bates Green Farm, Tye Hill Road, Arlington, Nr Polegate BN26 6SH. For online entries the submission form will be available in due course.
11. We cannot accept responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged for any reason.
12. The copyright of any image remains with the photographer although by entering the competition you authorise the Arlington Bluebell Walk to use your image(s) adjusted as necessary for any publicity or for the promotional purposes of the Arlington Bluebell Walk. Any images used will be attributed to the photographer and no other use will be made of any image submitted without the photographer’s consent. Any information provided in respect of this competition will remain confidential to the Arlington Bluebell Walk and will not be made available to any third party without consent.
13. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
14. Whilst the Arlington Bluebell Walk makes every effort to ensure that the publication of images is to the highest standard, we are unable to guarantee the quality of reproduction when shown on www.bluebellwalk.co.uk or otherwise displayed.
15. The judges’ decision is final.
16. By entering our competitions you are deemed to have read and agreed with the Rules and Terms & Conditions. Arlington Bluebell Walk reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules and Terms at any time without prior notice.
Any such changes will be posted on www.bluebellwalk.co.uk website.